Monday, October 29, 2012

Clean of Heart Stories- Part 3


Today we continue our Clean of Heart client stories. Clean of Heart is located in Columbia, SC and provides laundry and shower services to the homeless. To catch up and read the previous posts of client stories or to read Clean of Heart volunteer stories, please go here. If you would like to learn more about this ministry opportunity or donating your time or resources, please visit our website here.

“I stopped by a church for clothes and hygiene kits and they told me about Clean of Heart. I've been coming for 17 months now. It has been one of the best things that has happened to me since I started living on the street. It is such a joy to stop here and clean up and the kindness from the helpers is such a blessing.”

“I've been coming to the Catholic Charities Clothing Closet for a while. They told me about Clean of Heart opening and I've been coming since then. It’s nice to have clean clothes to wear.”


Clean of Heart clients enjoying a break from the Columbia heat while their clothes get cleaned.

“I have been in Columbia for 3 years now and even though the clothing give away has been a very good program, we can’t always get our size. The laundry facility allows us to wash the clothes that we like and wear the most. It is a luxury as well as a necessity. We are truly grateful for all that you have done for us. Thank you.”

We’ll be back tomorrow to hear the last of the Clean of Heart client stories!

No comments:

Post a Comment