Thursday, August 2, 2012

Results of Clean of Heart Program

Prior to the opening of Clean of Heart, the homeless population in downtown Columbia, SC had few options for washing their clothes. With the opening of Clean of Heart last March, individuals may now wash their clothes and themselves in a clean facility where volunteers meet their needs and greet them with a smiling face.


 The shower facilities at Clean of Heart

The laundry facilities at Clean of Heart

One person who has benefited from these services said this:

"I can't believe the city of Columbia even allowed Clean of Heart to open. I don't know what I would have done without the services, other than take my clothes and myself to the river which I have done, however, it would have been real cold this winter. The staff is beyond helpful, Cathy has the patience of a saint and Mary is unbelievably nice herself. All the volunteers are very helpful. I can only hope that as long as I am homeless and others are too that this service in Columbia will continue. Thank you Clean of Heart!!"

 If you would like to donate to Clean of Heart, please visit this donations page.

No comments:

Post a Comment